Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gadgets: the nook

 
It took me a while to buy an e-reader, then one day i did it, a spur of the moment kind of thing, i tend to  do this every now and then, act on impulse... I hadn't done any reseach, but i had looked at a few e-readers, and i had had this one in my hands a couple of times...
well, 2 months later i have to say i am really happy. It's a lot of money, and  ebooks are not much cheaper (if at all) than paper books, but:
1.- i travel a lot so i do not have to worry about carrying extra books along.
2.- the sreen is nice to read, the size is great, and it is lighter than some books.
3.- the one i have has a wifi internet  option, so i can check my email (i have had trouble with my yahoo account, but not with the gmail one) and browse a little... if you are looking to really surf around the web, this is probably not your gadget...
4.- the battery last a long time without charging (if you do not use the internet)

ok, and there is also a thing i do not like too:
when i have downloaded or created my own .pdf files  they are not displayed on the nook as they are on the computer, this is the nook takes the metadata (?)  author  and title and this makes it kind of difficult to find some files. I still haven't figured out how to change this, if at all possible.

Other than that i have to say i am pretty happy with my nook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...